We welcome you to visit the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd. Worship at 8:15 and 11:00 a.m. Christian Education begins at 9:30-10:45 a.m. Join us for a cup of coffee and worship.
Greetings! We are blessed that you are considering the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, we know there are many churches to choose from and many denominations.
We teach and believe that the Holy Scriptures/Bible differ from all other books in the world in that they are the Word of God. We believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins and we have the hope for Eternal life. The Word of the gospel promises and applies the grace of God, works faith and thus regenerates man.
We have a nursery available for infants, there are also many small groups and Bible Studies to attend. Our small groups and studies include activities and fellowship with other children and adults. Check out our Ministries Page: Small Groups and Bible Studies
What to expect upon entering:
- Fellowship in our Narthex
When you enter in the church, you will be in our Narthex area, this is our warm and inviting gathering place. We have coffee and donuts always available, so please help yourself. Many people that might not recognize you will introduce themselves and welcome you to Good Shepherd.
- Preparation for Worship
Five minutes before worship 9:55 a.m. (during the summer months) or 8:10 and 10:55 (during September through June) we ask that you quietly enter the sanctuary. No drinks or food are allowed in the sanctuary.
- Receive your Worship Bulletin
These bulletins will be handed to you by an Usher or Greeter. The purpose of the bulletin is to help you follow along during the Worship Service and it is based on our Divine Settings of the year. We have several seasons that we celebrate (Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter, Pentecost and Epiphany, etc.)
The bulletins display everything that will happen, it is the “Order of Service”. Worship contains an Opening Prayer, Bible readings, Sermon, Hymns (songs), Prayers for our world, community and people, Communion, Offering and Benediction (blessing). The words to the Hymns can be found in the Hymnal books in the back of the seat in front of you. NOTE: If you don’t feel comfortable singing, that’s ok too, just enjoy it! Pastor Dave doesn’t sing, so you will hear whistling!
- Divine Service
- Sit wherever you feel most comfortable, no assigned seating.
- Communion – Taking the Sacraments (Bread and Wine). If you believe that Jesus died for our sins, feel free to join us for communion. If you are not sure about receiving communion, we encourage you to come up for a blessing by the Pastor. You can read more information on the front page of the bulletin and also the front page of the Hymnal book.
- Offering – In the Bible, we are instructed to tithe (give a portion of our blessings) back to the Lord. A plate will be passed along the rows for an gift offering of money. You are not required to give, but we use offerings to keep our facility maintained and pay for our staff. We have a minimal staff of four individuals (Pastor, Deaconess, Administrative Assistant and Cleaning person). Everyone else you see working at church are volunteers. We also these funds to help support missions and Christian Education.
- Conclusion of Worship
When Worship is over, we exit to the Narthex for more fellowship and coffee or donuts or snacks.
We hope you will join us, if you are a little shy, don’t worry. We are a loving community and want you to feel comfortable Worshiping the Lord! We have devotions and ask that you consider signing our guest book, so we can connect with you on a more personal level.
BECOMING A MEMBER OR MORE QUESTIONS
If you want to become a new member or have questions about becoming a Lutheran?
Please call Pastor Dave at 301-774-9125!