Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7
- Food Pantry: Just in case you didn’t know, LCGS has a food pantry and offers bags of food to those in need – Tuesday to Thursday, 9 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. We collect:
- Peanut Butter
- Spaghetti & Spaghetti Sauce
- Canned Meat, Beans, Vegetables
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Canned Fruit
- Clothing Center: Donations of professional clothing (Slacks, Shirts, Skirts, etc.) are accepted for the Clothing Center in Rockville.
- 5th Saturday of the Month: Support our local shelters by making bag lunches and casseroles for local men’s and ladies shelters in the community.
- LCGS Food Pantry: Bring in grocery bag of non-perishable items to help those in need: food products needed: Peanut butter, spaghetti, canned meat, canned beans, canned vegetables, canned fruit, soup, macaroni & cheese, jelly, cereal and Jell-O. These bags of food are distributed each day through LCGS from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Benevolence Funds: These funds are available to support those individuals suffering through hardships. Collection date: 3rd Sunday
- Circuit Six Ministries (C6M): Checks are accepted weekly, but a special offering is collected each 5th Sunday of the month.
- School Supplies for Rosa Parks Middle School children in need: Collection in July and August by the Board of Social Ministry.
- Matthew 25: This ministry provides coats and warm clothing to men, women and children.
- Our House Residential Home: The men at this home receive coats, work gloves and thermal under-garments. They also receive occupational training and GED tutoring for the betterment of their future.
- Local Elementary Schools: Coats, hats and gloves are provided to less fortunate students at local elementary schools.
- Women’s Shelter: Money is collected and a check is provided to a local woman’s shelter so the residential manager can purchase necessary items for the ladies. Checks are accepted anytime throughout the year to replenish the funds.
Gently-used coats are collected from October to November for distribution in Langley Park.
Meals are prepared and Christmas presents distributed around the holidays for families in need.