BIBLE STUDIES OFFERED AT GOOD SHEPHERD LUTHERAN CHURCH
We believe that every Christian is on a life-long journey and requires ongoing nourishment to achieve continuous spiritual growth. Through our Christian Education classes and activities, we establish a foundation for faith in Jesus Christ that will remain in the hearts and minds of our students for their life journey.
Adult Class at 8:45 a.m. The next study will begin on September 17th, the cost of the book is $10.00
The Five Practices from Greg Finke’s book – Joining Jesus on His Mission.
- The practice of seeking the kingdom is simply forming the habit of watching for what God is showing us every day in the midst of our daily routines. How have you seen God at work in your life this week?
- The practice of hearing from Jesus in the Gospels is all about being able to better recognize and respond to what Jesus is telling and showing us on our daily mission trip in everyday life. What has he been teaching you in his Word lately?
- The practice of talking with people happens in many ways. However, all of them boil down to this: Jesus can do more with two people who are talking with each other than he can with two people who are successfully ignoring each other. So, what kind of conversations are you having with the people around you?
- The missional practice of doing good is the result of God preparing and us responding. What good can we do around here? How can we help make the kingdom and grace of God a little more real to people nearby?
- The practice of ministering through prayer is not so much about getting our words right as it is about inviting our King in. How can we help you in prayer?
The 5 practices are effective at positioning us to enjoy people and to seek, recognize and respond to what Jesus is doing redemptively in their lives:
- Seeking the Kingdom
- Hearing from Jesus
- Talking with People
- Doing Good
- Ministering through Prayer
Next, with the 5 Practices in play, it’s time to plan our first Mission Trip into the neighborhood. It’s not as scary as you might think.
ADULT MID-WEEK LIFELIGHT BIBLE STUDY (Monday Evening at 7:00 p.m.) – RESUMES SEPTEMBER 18.
Joshua will be the upcoming next topic and Parables to follow in January. The cost of the books are $15.00
The Mid-week Bible Study that meets on Monday in room 104A. LifeLight Bible study course helps keep even the most time challenged of us regularly in God’s Word. The lessons are formatted to be done over 5 days and 9 weeks. Class time is spent sharing answers in guided discussion. Please contact Kathy Nicholson at email@example.com for more details.
ADULT WEEKLY BIBLE STUDY (Thursday Morning at 10:00 a.m.)
MEN’S BIBLE STUDY (First Saturday of Month at 7:30 a.m.)
This Men’s Prayer Group is open to all the men of the congregation. They are welcome and encouraged to attend this monthly Prayer meeting that includes breakfast at 7:30 a.m. on the first Saturday of the month. A combination of prayer, fellowship and discussion about their faith and incorporating it into their role as men in the church family and society. The group is involved in various annual projects, like a Retreat, Servant Event and Journey Through Bethlehem.
NEW MEMBER CLASSES (as needed) – This class will be conducted as needed after the worship service. These classes are formed as frequent guests seek membership into Good Shepherd and existing members may attend to review the six chief parts of Luther’s Catechism and Good Shepherd’s purpose-driven ministry. Call the church for more details.
Why it is important to join a congregation and become a member:
- Worship and the Sacrament; growth and study; and prayer are important parts of our relationship with God. LCGS provides regular opportunities for those things.
- The community of faith is important. We need God but we also need the village God provides in this place. Family is important to us. God made us to be in community. We need that.
- Furthermore, we are willing to own and support the ministry in this place and be a part of shaping it, maintaining it, and growing it because it is important to God and me, and we can do much more together than we can on our own.
Become a part of our family! Call Pastor Dave at 301-774-9125.